Toledo Public Schools Foundation (TPSF) is pleased to announce the public launch of the Write the Future Campaign, the first special, major gift campaign for the Foundation. This campaign is a community-wide initiative to assure that every student entering Toledo Public Schools (TPS) will graduate prepared to take a positive, productive and lifelong role in our community.
The $1.5 million campaign will fund the following initiatives:
- Send ten additional TPS students through Toledo Excel’s College Prep Program over the next 3 years
- Provide every TPS student with learning and mentorship experiences, through our partnership with Junior Achievement. This will ensure a pipeline of highly skilled and innovative talent in our community
- Connect companies with specific programs through TPS’ Career Technology Education Department
- Grow the Foundation’s endowment
- Create a scholarship fund for students who need support with drivers education and license fees
To date, the Foundation’s Campaign Committee, led by Arturo Polizzi, ProMedica COO, and Dennis Hopson, Foundation Board member and Lourdes University Head Men’s Basketball Coach, has raised nearly $1.2 million from more than 50 generous donors.
The campaign kicked off in the fall of 2021 after Owens Corning committed a leadership gift to this campaign and the Foundation’s annual fund.
To make a gift to this important campaign, go to givetpsf.org/writethefuture/ to donate and learn more! Stay tuned to important campaign updates on the TPS Foundation’s social media platforms – Facebook – www.facebook.com/TPSFproud/ and LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/company/toledo-public-schools-foundation
TPS Foundation is grateful to donors for their help in driving our mission to fill the gap created by cuts in public education funding and the local property tax cap – assuring equal opportunity for EVERY student.
Donate today by visiting our campaign page here – all donations will make an incredible impact on the students at Toledo Public Schools!